Sunday, May 6. 2012
Again time for one of Chakra's big moves from testing to stable. This one will replace more then half of most users install, so needless to say, this is the kind of update why appset-qt was removed from a default install. For those users who still use appset-qt, absolutely DO NOT USE appset-qt for this update, but use "sudo pacman -Syu".
What all you'll find updated:
- KDE to 4.8.3
- Toolchain, including all the base deps (gcc to 4.7, glibc to 2.15, new cloog, etc)
- New hunspell
- Latest Libreoffice (3.5.3)
- New clang/llvm
- Calligra rebuild for hunspell and latest patch
- Networkmanager, bluedevil, virtuoso & akonadi latest version
- Switch to djvulibre
- Ruby 1.9.3, soundtouch 1.6.0, mediastreamer 2.8.2, sage-mathematics 4.8
Plus all packages that needed rebuilds for these updates. All in all, most users can expect around a 400 Mb download for this update, so please give your mirror some time to fully sync. If you are not sure if it is synced, wait at least 24 hours before doing this update.
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)